Social Icons

Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

The Top 10 Free Antivirus Programs 2012

As summer 2011 comes around the security vendors cast their eyes to the following year and start releasing the paid for versions of their antivirus programs. For most people I would definitely recommend handing over a few dollars to get a good level of protection but, for some people, that may not be necessary.

AVG Anti-Virus 2012

With that in mind it is time once again for me to look at what free antivirus protection is available.
Over the next couple of months I will be writing some new reviews for what I believe are the top 10 free antivirus programs you can get in 2012 without parting with your cash. I’ll be looking at programs from the usual suspects, including -
  • AVG
  • Avira
  • Avast!
  • Comodo
  • and, assuming no fingers have just fallen off, 6 others.
Check back soon to read each review as I add it and to see if you agree with the choices I make and the commentary I write.

Top 10 Free Antivirus Programs 2012

1. AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012
Its quick, its free, its low on system resources. Well worth checking out.
2. Microsoft Security Essentials
Capped CPU usage and its free. Might not be well suited to business users though.
3. Avira Free Antivirus 2012
Quick, accurate and good detection rates.
4. Pc Tools Antivirus Free v9
Easy to use but high CPU usage may be an issue.
5. Avast! Free Antivirus 6
Offers the lowest memory and CPU usage I’ve seen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment